Saturday, February 17, 2018

2018 Moogly CAL begins...

I decided to do the 2018 Moogly CAL this year as part of my effort to productively destash my yarn.  I liked the use of variegated yarn on the borders of the  squares on Moogly's blog. I found that I had two balls of King Cole Drifter for Baby DK in Kingfisher that looked fun.  Dug out SSDK in cream, stone, spice, aspen and teal... and we'll just see how it goes.  As I am using DK yarn rather than Aran yarn,  I shall have to make a few squares from previous years to make my throw large enough.  This will take time.  Only 2 squares released per month.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun blocks you have created! I look forward to seeing more blocks down the road.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love the colors. Very pretty

Daffycat said...

These colors are very similar to the quilt I’m sewing. Will these become an Afghan?

Carol said...

Yes, with any luck, this will be an afghan at the end of the year.